Looking Back

It has been three days since I am back to home, Chiba, Japan. Everything is just so convenient!
From having access to hot shower 24/7, to having grocery store/drug store/convenience store/train station within a minute walk, everything I had taken granted for came back to me as a luxurious convenience. Also, I have to mention that there's no other place in the world offers me better access to playing basketball than home. One reason I haven't had time over the past three days to write a post is that I was very busy balling, haha.

Alright, off to my reflection. (Actually, just a bunch of thank you notes.)

First, we owe lots of THANK YOU to  
Amirah!!

Amirah, who graduated from W&L this past May was our host and mentor through out the whole process. Her presence was indispensable to the success of our project. Also, we super appreciate the help of her family's since each of them has assisted us in different ways during the past month. Again, THANK YOU AMIRAH and the NJOYA FAM!


 Here goes my personal THANK YOU to 
Maren!!

Maren and I got to know each other very well during our stay in Cameroon. From writing our prject proposal to actually carrying out our project, I am very glad to have such a fun, helpful and integrated partner by my side all along the way. I would not have survived on  a foreign land without Maren, so I'd like to say THANK YOU MAREN!

Then, comes my THANK YOU to 

All the people in Mandetkene!!

It'd be unfair if I forgot to show our appreciation for all the help we got from the local residents and officers from the town hall. We had people who helped us cook for our camps, we had people who helped us advertise our activities, we had people who helped us communicate in Bamoun... 

Finally, THANK YOU to

 Our Professors!!

Our professors have selflessly spared their time to assist us with planning and advising. Wise planning is crucial to successful execution of a plan and thanks to our professors who have lend us their wisdom. Also, for being in touch with us even during the summer.

VERY LASTLY,
This incredible past month in Cameroon has given me a new scope to see life, and it taught me to appreciate lots of lots of things. Sorry for not being the most eloquent writer and please excuse my unorganized sentences. I am currently in touch with various people to seek the potential of a water project in Foumban, Cameroon next summer. We'll see how it goes...  

Thank you for reading!

Salut!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise Political Meeting: a taste of flexibility and ceremony

Mandetkene Boutique: Chapter 3, getting to know you